How to Support Me

The rescue of art by Ad Reinhardt

While I may be delusiastic at times, I’m not delulu. There’s a big difference between the two terms. Being “delusiastic” means knowingly being over enthusiastic about something. You know, like I might be a tad bit delusiastic about some of the topics I write about or start to write about but then abandon, or some of the weird runon sentences I come up with. Being “delulu” on the other hand is just the trendy way of saying you’re straight up delusional, especially about the positive outcomes of unrealistic goals you have for your life. Influencers out there who promote being delulu say that “being delulu is the solulu,” but I just don’t buy that. It seems like a recipe for heartbreak.

And one thing I’m not at all delulu about is that I can magically make this blog a huge success all by myself or convince an editor to publish some of my stories in a book without having a significant number of followers (sadly, that’s how the publishing industry works these days). So, I consulted an expert about how to find more readers for my blog—really, I told her, I mostly just want to get my stories out there. And one of the suggestions she had was that I ask my readers for some help.

So here I am today, awkwardly asking for your support. Don’t worry, I’m not asking for money, and I never plan on doing that. I just want your help in sharing my stories with new people and spreading the word about Delusiastic! Here are a few suggestions for ways you can help:
  1. Share stories that you receive in your email with people you think might like them. Simply forward the email. Or you can even print out a story and give it to someone that way and let the recipient know where they can find more like it. If there is someone you think would enjoy getting emails from Delusiastic! twice a week, send them this link to the Subscribe page: https://delusiastic.blogspot.com/p/subscribe.html
  2. If you’re on Facebook and read a story there that you like, share it and say something about why you liked it. Also comment on the original post for the story (this helps them get more views). If you’re not following Delusiastic! on Facebook, go to the page using this link and and then follow the page. And while you're at it, invite some of your friends to follow it, too.
  3. Share older stories that you particularly liked in the past, either through email or on Facebook, Messenger, text, WhatsApp, etc. Go to the blog at delusiastic.blogspot.com and search for the specific story. Open that story and use the Share function on the blog to share it or just copy the URL at the top of the page and share that link.
  4. If you can’t find a story that you want to share, write me at nina@wanderingmind.com and I’ll find the link for you.
If you have any other ideas for how to support me, please let me know. You can always write me at nina@wanderingmind.com.

Thank you so much,

Nina

• Subscribe to Delusiastic! here • Follow Delusiastic! on Facebook and Nina on Instagram • 


Comments

  1. What a good idea to ask readers for support.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ginny! And I always appreciate your support.

      Delete

Post a Comment